August 3, 2018
Before a surgeon begins any type of cosmetic surgery procedure, they schedule a consultation appointment with their patient. This appointment is vital to ensuring the patient is a good candidate and is making the right choice to have rhinoplasty carried out on their nose. Rhinoplasty is done for both cosmetic and functional reasons. With this information, patients will know what to expect from their consultation appointment so they will be properly prepared.
What Can Patients Expect?
Knowing what to expect from a rhinoplasty consultation will help patients to be prepared for their procedure. The following are some of the most important steps that will take place during the consultation.
- The patient’s health history will be thoroughly discussed, including information on any health issues or injuries that have occurred and any medications the patient takes. It is imperative patients provide as much information as possible to their surgeon so the surgeon can safely perform the rhinoplasty procedure.
- The patient will be carefully examined to check the internal and external structures of their nose. This will help the surgeon to be able to give the appropriate surgical options for their patient.
- Measurements will be taken of the nose and face so the surgeon will have these measurements to rely on during the planning process of the surgery.
- Photos will be taken to help the patient track their progress and to allow them to see what their end result will look like.
- The surgeon will discuss any complications or risks that may arise during or after the surgery. Although there are risks with any invasive procedure, rhinoplasty is generally one of the safest procedures.
- The surgeon will help their patient to understand the options they have for their rhinoplasty procedure. The goal of this procedure is to make the nose better fit the face without looking obviously operated on.
Learn More Today
If you are unhappy with the size, shape, or appearance of your nose, there are surgical procedures that can help. To learn more about the doctor who performs these surgeries, like Dr Zacharia on YouTube. Call the office today to schedule an appointment. …